Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mark 9:36-37 How's your heart?

Mark 9:36-37(NIV)

36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

Join on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/christiandailydevotions

 How we treat folks that can't benefit us determines the condition of our heart. Children were not considered important in society in Biblical times. Considering that daycare workers and teachers are still among the lowest paid professional folks it would seem that we don't feel much differently about children today. So Jesus is reminding his disciples and us that we need to welcome and love everyone regardless of the benefit to ourselves. How we treat folks reflects the condition of our hearts. How's your heart?

 

Prayer: Dear Father, Thank you for the reminder to value folks where others find no value. Allow the light from your love shine onto all that I come in contact with daily. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment