Thursday, October 4, 2012

Isaiah 65:25 Pet Blessings!

(NIV)
The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
    and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.


Just a thought...
The Bible was written for man's salvation, but it does my heart good to take today's passage literal. We love our pets!We're commanded to be good stewards of God's creatures. My dogs have always given me blessings that  far outweighed the care I took of them.  I believe that they meet us in heaven.  
I'm not Catholic but in the Catholic faith October 4th is the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals. On his feast day, it is customary for parish members to take their pets for the priest to bless their animals. This blessing is conducted in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures. I think this is a lovely way to celebrate the gift God gave us when he gave us pets!
Pet Prayer
Blessed are you, Lord God,
maker of all living creatures.
You called forth fish in the sea,
birds in the air
and animals on the land.
You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters.
We ask you to bless this pet.
By the power of your love,
enable it to live according to your plan.
May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation.
Blessed are you,
Lord our God,
in all your creatures!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment